If you die without an estate plan, your heirs are fated with a long, expensive and painful court process with potentially large tax consequences. The alternative is to plan ahead of time with documents such as trusts and wills that are part of a comprehensive plan to protects your assets and to ensure a smooth, hassle-free transition of ownership after you pass away. Skilled estate planning can be an excellent tool to protect assets while you are alive by putting them outside of the reach of creditors. A comprehensive estate plan is not just about asset protection and succession, it also helps to relieve your family from having to make impossibly hard decisions should you become incapacitated. Whether your estate plan is complex or relatively simple, having an attorney to help you prepare your plan is essential.
At Turman Legal Solutions, we help our clients develop comprehensive estate plans that are tailored for their unique needs, concerns and goals. Estate planning is not just for people with large estates. Everyone who has a minor child should have a will to ensure you have the opportunity to appoint a guardian to care for your children if you were not here to do it yourself. When you take advantage of our estate planning services, you will be able to:
- Protect your beneficiaries by ensuring that your assets go to the right people.
- Protect your minor children by appointing a guardian for them in the event you die and to create a trust that can provide financial support for your children should you not be here to care for them yourself.
- Protect your assets from the IRS and New York State Department of Revenue
- Shield your assets from creditors, both yours and your beneficiaries'
- Minimize or even eliminate the probate process and its expenses, delays, and loss of privacy.
- Ensure that the charities you care about receive charitable contributions.
- Give the person or people you trust the authority to make financial and medical decisions on your behalf should become incapacitated
We can help ensure that you leave your estate to the right people, the right way, at the right time, while minimizing or avoiding tax consequences that can occur as you pass along your estate to your spouse or the next generation.
When we meet, we'll analyze your assets and financial liabilities, discuss your goals and unique family dynamics and work with you to create a plan that best achieves those goals.
Even if you already have an estate plan, you should be sure to have it reviewed by an attorney every three to five years because the laws and tax code are constantly changing. Your estate planning documents must be continually updated throughout your personal or business life. There is great value added in knowing that your customized and comprehensive plan will cover you through life-changing events and law revisions. You will benefit from the peace of mind in knowing that Turman Legal Solutions will be with you throughout your lifetime. Turman Legal Solutions offers its estate planning services for a fair and competitive fixed fee and all of our initial planning consultation are free. Make an appointment now! We look forward to meeting you!